Sunday, August 21, 2011

How have I as a HCI student touched the lives of others?

The teachers have called us the top batch of student leaders; the future leaders of Singapore and the gentlemen of the younger generation. But what have we done as these people to touch the lives of people around us?

As students of Hwa Chong, we have to live up to our expectations. We encounter different people and people of different cultures too, but what have I done to make a difference? In my opinion, i have first and fore-mostly touched my friends. Although I am not a loud person with a commanding leadership tone, i show concern and care towards them and am always free to discuss things. My friends develop a trust in me, and I can help them by giving them support and assistance. Therefore, I think that I have touched my friends' lives.

Furthermore, I think i have touched my family's lives. I have learnt to respect them more, and to always speak to them without raising my voice. People look to Hwa Chong students as people who are leaders, no matter in what way. I believe i have helped my family in various way, being a strong older brother to my sister and also a obedient son to my parents.

Students in Hwa Chong are given many opportunities to interact with students outside of school, so through different exchange programs and seminars, i believe that Hwa Chong students can truly show everyone that HCI students can touch people's lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment